Our Work Ethic
Moving companies that fail to understand the importance of customer service, either fail quickly or barely survive.
Owner, Jason Windus, is always available for questions about your move throughout the scheduling process until your move is complete.
Once you are scheduled on our calendar we always show up on move day no matter what. We are a family business and with that comes family values. Integrity is key.
How well the customer relationship is developed and maintained is the most significant aspect of success for any company.
Much of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals, all of us at Need a Hand Movers are honored by this trust and will continue to do our collective and individual best to earn this respect!
At the end of the day if the customer is not you're not happy, then Jason is not happy. The owner will often stop in to make sure the jobs are going smoothly and to meet the customers in person.
During the Housing market crash in 2007 Jason Windus the owner decided it was time for a change. Hauling and moving were in high demand.
He built a box around the bed of his pickup truck and made some signs placing them strategically around Santa Rosa to advertise for hauling.
Things grew rapidly and he soon purchased his first 15 foot moving truck. Today we have 7 trucks operating on any given day.
We currently have four enclosed 24 foot trailers , a 26 foot box truck, a 15 foot box truck, as well as a dump trailer for hauling.
The owner trains each crew member personally to ensure quality. Need A Hand employs 15-20 people depending on the time of year.
In 2018 when the fires ripped through Sonoma County we were able to give back to our community by donating our trucks and crews for donation runs to fire victims, local law enforcement, churches, our community with emergency evacuations, etc.
We also helped during the Clearlake fires and the devastation in Paradise. We work with the Sonoma County Housing Authority, Catholic Charities, DAAC, Cotts, and numerous other non profit organizations offering affordable services for all.
We take pride in our community and will continue to step up whenever needed. Today we are a 5 star moving company on both Yelp and Google Business. Doing our best to ensure a happy ending to each moving job we do.
At Need A Hand? Movers providing honest, ethical, efficient and quality services to the public are our ultimate goals, and everything we do serves that purpose.
We pledge to uphold and advance the following ideas and principles:
- To consistently offer and provide the most cost effective, efficient and reliable moving service available, while adhering strictly to a policy of honesty, integrity, fairness and truth in all business transactions.
- To consistently strive for improvement of industry operations and to bind ourselves to the effort of seeking and implementing such improvement.
- To be conscious and considerate of customer needs and to continually promote the progress, education and dignity of our company so that our customers will be better served.
- To maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare and safety of our employees, while recognizing their needs as both human beings and individuals.
- To protect free enterprise and to foster the commercial viability of our company.